Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lampshade

You know how sometimes you get really bored with the things in your house.  I have felt this way for sometime about the lamps in my living room.  Looking around in stores I felt that even in discount stores it was to much for my pocket book to purchase new.  So I found several old brass lamps at a local thrift store.  First I painted the lamp with hammered bronze paint. 


I found some wired burlap ribbon online at Crate and Barrel.

I made three roses out of the ribbon to glue on the lampshade once it was finished.


I cut ribbon in strips to fit the shade and glued it on with fabric glue.  This was a spur of the moment project and if I did it again I would buy some clothes pins to clip at the top and the bottom as I glued.

I couldn't find my glue gun so I clipped a flower to the shade until I find it.  I almost like the flower so much I may forget the roses I made.  For under $15.00 I have a new lamp and shade.  Have two more lamps to go so will let you know what they look like soon.

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

My goodness - that is so pretty. Such a beautiful shade and great talent...Sandie

GardenOfDaisies said...

Love your lamp transformation!! I really like that burlap ribbon... I wonder if it comes in blue too?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your lamp makeover turned out great. The flower looks fabulous! You could make all the lamps a bit different for an eclectic look. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh sigh, I get bored with stuff. But am not, not, not talented like you are. I can't doooooooooooooooo something about my tired, old shades. -pout-

Be so happy, that you are talented and crafty. :-)

"Christmas is here,
Merry old Christmas.
Gift-bearing,
heart-touching,
Joy-bringing Christmas,
Day of grand memories,
King of the year!"


~~Washington Irving

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Stella! :) Thanks for you sweet comment on my mantle...I'm glad I got to steal those little owls and bring them home too. I love the ornament exchange..it's the only time it's ok to steal and not break a commandment! lol
Your lamp is lovely! I buy the brass lamps and paint them with the oil rubbed bronze paint...spray paint is magic in a can!
have a great weekend!
missy

Jean Tuthill said...

I love your lampshade. Maybe you could switch out the flowers! You are so talented, Stella. I'm going in to add a poinsetta to my shades. Thanks for the idea!