Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Curtains

 I was wandering through TJMax yesterday and these green curtains caught my eye.  Take me home they said.   But what would I do with you I asked?  You know the back porch they said.  No way I don't have any way to hang curtains there.  But they won and followed me home. 
Looking at my wrought iron I decided if I strung wire between columns I could probably hang the curtains.  As I was walking by the garden shed this morning I noticed a coil of wire my husband must have hung from a tree by the door or else God was answering my  unspoken prayers. I hung the curtains and love them.




I just can't decide if I should let them blow in the breeze or tie them back with a black ribbon.  I am afraid if they blow to much they may begin to tatter at the edges.  But they do look so summery floating in the breeze.

10 comments:

Empty Nester said...

They sure do look summery! And they make me want some sherbert!

Chatty Crone said...

You could make them and on windy days use them and when it is not so windy let them go. Very pretty.

Jean Tuthill said...

Oh Stella, I just love them. They do look so elegant and summery! They are just beautiful and the color is wonderful!!!

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

They look brillian Stella. You've mad a lovley outdoor space there. I jsut love the cast iron bell.Want!! :)

Sandra said...

I think they're lovely! Wish we had a TJ Max!

Stella Jones said...

I love that fresh lime green colour. I have that colour in my bedroom. I think the curtains look lovely blowing like that but you should be ready with your black tie-backs just in case the wind gets too strong.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Such a happy color. I'm sure whatever you decide to do it's going to look great. What a fun and happy place to sit and visit.
hugs ~lynne~

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look lovely and seeing them blow in the wind is awesome!

My Cottage Charm said...

Love the color with all your other patio goodies! I like them blowing in the wind. I have some curtains and they haven't tattered at all just blowing gently in the breeze. (of course, I don't know what your fabric is made from)
Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)
missy

Crafting Marfa said...

Gorgeous! I love that shade of the green. Its a beautiful pop of colors and very fresh. Great job!