Friday, June 10, 2011

It's a Lilly Day

As I drank my first cup of coffee this morning I admired all the Lilly's that are just beginning to bloom in the garden.  They are a welcome sight as my roses have finished their first  flush of blooms and I am lacking color in the garden.  I am always glad to see the Stella's bloom as they last so long and make such a brillant splash of color in the garden. 



 I had another nice surprise.  I planted a Siberian Iris two years ago and it has never bloomed.  I had three lovely blooms today so I am so excited.  I only planted one as wanted to see if I liked them or not.  They are a keeper.



These orange Lilly's are toward the back of the yard but are so brilliant they catch your eye even from the living room window.



I have always loved the brilliant pink of these Lilly's that grow beside my tea kettle fountain.




Our temps are much cooler this morning which is a relief from all the heat.  Hope you all have a lovely fun weekend.

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

All those beautiful flowers to look at on your newly decorated patio - how beautiful. Love the eye candy.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are beautiful! Have a great weekend.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful; glad it's cooling down some for you. I love those pink ones the best although they are all great; your yard is a wonderful haven.