Wednesday, April 14, 2010

While I Was Away

I bet you all thought I was away some where wonderful enjoying myself. The fact is it was anything but wonderful. I was stuck at home in my own little bed with my foot propped in the air for a week and then on crutches for a week. This week I am hobbling on my own power. About three weeks ago while tearing down our garden shed that burned in December I stepped on two nails and drove them completely through my foot.
Have you ever tried to carry a hot cup of coffee to your favorite chair so you can watch the birds? Let me tell you it is quite a feat. First you put your coffee on the nearest flat surface, then you scoot to the next solid surface, until finally after 15 minutes you make it to the chair. Oh well, I like cold coffee.
While I was holed up inside Spring arrived in my garden.

Aren't these the most beautiful tulips. The color is a crimson red touched with light yellow on the tips.

My shade garden I started last spring is finally looking like a garden instead of a dirt patch.


Just love the delicate blue flowers on this plant.
It's so good to be back in the garden.







13 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh no hope your foot gets better soon!!!

GwendolynKay said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your foot. I remember doing that as a child. But I was resiliant back then and just had a tetnus shot... at least that is all I remember. Your flowers are so lovely. Get better soon.
Gwen

Stella Jones said...

That sounds sooooo painful Stella. I do hope it gets better soon. What a shame you had to go and do that. At least you had some spring flowers to look at while you were recuperating. Get well soon.
From one Stella to another.
Star

Chatty Crone said...

I wondered where you where and then I was out of town.

Two nails through your foot! Oh my goodness. I sure hope you are okay.

The garden is gorgeous.

I pray for a speedy recovery!

sandie♥

Kissed by an Angel said...

I do hope your foot gets better soon!!! I am totally with you on carrying a hot drink whist on crutches!!! In 2008 I had a hip replacement, and after a while my husband went out and i decided to make myself a hot drink!! Having made it i couldn't work out how to get it back to my seat!!! So i drank it in the kitchen!!! Then I got that if you make half a mug you can hook it on your thumb, still hold the crutches and walk slowly!!! Ta da!!
xxxx

Bearly Sane said...

Now I know from experience that is very painful ... but I only had one nail to contend with!

Lovely spring flowers and yest the tulips look wonderful.

Sending you the warmest recovery hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I am sorry you hurt your foot, I was wondering where you were, Your flowers are lovely. I will be praying for your speedy recovery .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Mimi said...

Hi stella sweetie,
I broke my left foot twice in 3 years, so I sooo understand the crutches and hopping from place to place and carrying something, I left a bag around my neck to help with that, but a drink, oh yeah!!!!It was terrible!!!
You poor thing, mpw you know the PAIN Jesus went through on the cross for us!!!!That had to have hurt so bad!!!!
Please rest and take it easy!!!
You can e-mail me your address, I love to send out cards!!! Real cards, if you don't mind!!!!
jamiegibbs@hotmail.com
hugs,
jamie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful flowers, Stella! Hope you're feeling better soon and you are on the mend. Take care.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh my goodness Stella... Please take care and go play...

Vicki said...

Oh, Stella,
I am so sorry your foot was hurt! Those nails must have been very painful! Your garden is looking so pretty, and those tulips are to die for! You asked me about foxglove. I haven't had a lot of luck with them either. The ones you saw in my garden were full grown plants I purchased from Wal Mart this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will survive our hot summers and return next year. We'll see. Have a lovely weekend, dear friend! Vicki

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

OUCH! A HUGE OUCH! That sounds horrible. Hope you're better soon. Your flowers are gorgeous. laurie

Mimi said...

Hi stella!!!
Thanks for the nice comments about my hair!!!!
I like the new shade much better!!!!
I will do nothing for a while on my hair!!!!
I will ask for alot of referrals on the next stylist!!!!
I hope you are feeling better, did you have to get a new Tetnus shot????
Hugs,
jamie