Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About this time every year I start checking the blueberry bushes in my garden hoping I will beat the birds to the first ripe berries. Not that I begrudge the birds a tasty meal but I love fresh blueberry pancakes.
Look! I think there are enough berries that are ripe to make some pancakes.

Aren't these lovely. So big and plump. We have had lots of rain this spring so all my berries are growing so well.


OK. I think I have everything I need to whip up a nice batch of tasty pancakes.



Don't they look yummy bubbling away on the grill. Can't wait to flip them over and see the nice crisp side. It's making my mouth water.





I think we will have a nice big piece of ham to go along with our blueberry pancakes. Sweet and salty together is one of my favorite tastes. Do any of you also enjoy this taste sensation?




OOOH! Lots of butter and hot maple syrup. Can't wait to dig in.
Won't you join me for breakfast.
Stella






1 comment:

donna said...

I'll be right over! Yum! You make an amazing breakfast. Butter AND syrup on the pancakes. Who could ask for anything more?