Monday, June 8, 2009

Everything is Coming Up Roses

Here in the mid-west June is the month our roses shine. All of my climbing roses and shrub roses have burst into bloom and are such a delight to behold. What a wonderful God we have that he has created all the different shapes and colors of flowers for us.


This is one of my Graham Thomas old English Roses it is a pale blushing pink.






This is one of the new shrub roses and I have had great success growing them here in the Midwest. They seem to flourish even in our hot dry summer unlike the hybrid teas and floribunda


This New Dawn is a spectacular rose and has covered most of my fence in just two years. I planted it against my white lattice fence so it doesn't show off as prettily as it could if was against a contrasting background.














Everyone who loves roses should plant at least one Knock-out rose. They are such showgirls. They bloom all season and require almost no care. I only have one but hope to put in a few more this year. My biggest problem is I have a very shady backyard which is not conducive to rose gardening. But somehow I have managed to find space for one of my favorite flowers.





I hope you have enjoyed a tour of my roses and will come back and visit again.



My wish for you today is that everything in your life will come up roses.



Stella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your roses are gorgeous. I was especially attracted to Graham Thomas, he's a great one. :)

DeDe said...

I need to plant some roses. I don't have any. They are so beautiful and smell so yummy.