Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Green Is Good

After reading my blog you must know I love green living things. In my home though I am more drawn to reds and yellows.
But as all of you know when you go thrifting you have to go with expectation and an open mind. Every Tuesday is "old people's day" at our local thrift store and as I qualify, I of course, must see what bargains are waiting for me. Yesterday it was a green day. I found the three pieces above in different parts of the store and all drew my eye. The lady at the register said "I see you have a plan. No, I don't have a plan, so what am I going to do with these?I dug through the boxes I have in storage from closing my antique booth and found this lovely fruit I use to stage with. This works! I can move it from the kitchen, to the dining room, or even on the back porch. Good I have an excuse for this pretty green bowl. You can always use a bowl.

I loved this cabbage it looks so summery. I could just sit it on a shelf with a bunny to keep it company. But surely it has more potential that that. Ladies I need some ideas.




Doesn't this bell pepper look real. This also needs a home and a purpose in life. Looking for any suggestions. Unique sugar bowl. Somehow I wasn't excited about sugar in a green pepper.
Here's hoping you find some treasures in your life today.
Stella

2 comments:

Marfa (formula for a life) said...

Hi Stella:

First off, thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. I'm glad that you liked the photos and coming along on the day trip :-D

I like your blog. It looks like we have several things in common, thrifting and gardens. I love gardens. I hope you don't mind, but I'm adding your blog to my list of favorites.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I love your new treasures Stella. I think the Pepper container would be adorable with a small potted plant in it. You could lean the lid against the side for a cute display. :)